Our Cancellation Policy
We understand that you may have to cancel an appointment with us. In this instance, all we ask is that you kindly notify us of your cancellation at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. Our terms and conditions regarding cancellations are as follows:
Cancellations made more than 24 hours before scheduled appointments will incur no charge.
Cancellations made less than 24 hours before an appointment will result in 50% of the appointment cost being charged.
No-shows will result in 100% of the appointment cost being charged.
Arrival to your massage
Please arrive for your appointment 15 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time. This allows you the time to fill out the appropriate client form (new clients), change and prepare for the service. All massages have a specific time schedule and early arrival allows for a relaxed and unhurried experience.
At the time of booking your appointment we will allocate your massage therapist/treatment specialist, whose time is exclusively dedicated to you. If, however, you are late for your appointment then we will endeavour to keep your appointment duration to its original length provided there are no other appointments following yours. If another massage is booked in then you can either opt to shorten your massage time or reschedule your appointment for another time. The latter option carries a 50% cancellation charge.
We accept all major credit, debit cards and Drift Away Massage Gift Vouchers.
In order to preserve the tranquility , we respectfully request that you turn your mobile phone off or onto silent, during the massage.
Respect for client needs and boundaries
- Drift Away Massage Therapist is happy to adjust pressure, temperature, musical volume, work longer on an area or move on if you request it.
- The client will always be modestly draped. Only the area being massaged will be undraped. The client will be kept informed of the area to be massaged.
- Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated, will be viewed as solicitation, and reported to the proper authorities under the guidelines of the massage therapy policies and procedures. The client will not be rescheduled if this occurs.
- Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between the client and the massage therapist is NEVER appropriate.
- We do not massage anyone under the age of 18 unless the parent or guardian is in the room and signs their form.
Confidentiality and conversation
- The discussion between the massage therapist and the client is confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage.
- We are happy to listen to your conversation and share our professional expertise. We prefer to not discuss topics of a political, private or sexual nature.
Existing and new medical conditions
- It is the responsibility of the client to keep the massage therapist informed of any medical treatment currently being taken place and to provide written permission from the physician, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc., that the massage may be continued.
- The client must also keep the massage therapist informed of any changes in health conditions.